Bitlobber is a web service for transferring data to/from public computers without entering credentials (which could be keylogged), and without inserting USB keys (which could be infected).
How It Works
- Upload a file by dropping it onto the green drop target.
- You'll receive a key which can be used by you or anyone else to download the file from another computer.
- Keys can be used to download a file up to five times.
- Keys will automatically expire after 24 hours, and the file will be deleted on the server. Don't wait too long before downloading your file!
Things to Consider
- Bitlobber doesn't do anything with your files except let you download them later, but it could! Don't upload sensitive data that it's crucial that no one else should see.
- Bitlobber doesn't modify your files in any way, but it could! Don't upload executable files, or at least verify the file integrity before executing the file after download.
- Don't rely on Bitlobber with truly irreplaceable data. Someone else could guess your key and consume the five-downloads-limit before you get a chance to download the file yourself. The file will be deleted and your data will be lost.
- Basically: Use Bitlobber at your own risk!
I'd love to hear from you! I can be reached at treaster [at] gmail [dot] com.